Thursday, September 10, 2009

Chiaro Fall 09:Module 2: Value



It was a day that I learn a lot again, though I still struggled with using charcoal to draw. I can remember that I drew my first sphere when I study in elementary school. No one told me how these shadows came from. My teacher just drew a sphere and made me imitate to draw it. I learned the characteristic of  light in my physics class in senior high school, but I never thought this lesson can be used on drawing. I think that I am always a slow learner. I still understand these knowledge little by little.

About charcoal, it is another story. I am a pencil fan for a long time. After I graduate from senior high school, all my painting are drawing by using pencils. The smell of pencils made me feel comfortable. What the most important is pencil can stay on paper easier than charcoal. Besides, pencils can be use to draw very intricate place. So, I am a little afraid of using charcoal to draw. I believe that it is time to learn how to use charcoal well. I hope in the rest of the class, my skill will become better and better.

ps. Stop and imagine when you meet trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment