Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chiaro Fall 09:Basic, Basic & Basic...





Actually, I still feel that everything around me is unreal. I have no idea if it is worth to come here, but life goes on.

Before I went to the class, I didn’t know everything about studying in Art school. Everything was strange to me. I brought all my brand new art supplies. Most of them were things that I had never touched in my life. And I haven't worked on any artistic projets for for a long time.

What made me surprise was, I did love the class. What I learned from the class were some missing pieces in my drawing skill jigsaw puzzle. I enjoyed the class very much. No one told me these basic elements and theories before, and no one believed how eager I was to learn about these. It is what I called “American way of thinking.--it is under the belief that if we build solid foundation, everything will be easier later. Unfortunately, we don’t often view anything this way in Taiwan, my homeland.

What I have to do is to be patient when I absorb, realize, and perform these basic things. Instead of using my intuitions, I need to practice more and polish such fresh skills. It looks like my study here will be full of hope...and of course, frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment