Monday, February 1, 2010

Head Drawing :Module 1:Understand form/ Cast Shadows/ Procedure


After a long winter break, this was my first class of the new semester. I can't say that I didn't feel excited about this. But on the other hand, I felt nervous and worried about that I could lose my skills because of lack of practice.

The teacher of this class is a Japanese. His name is Tomutsu Takishima. (He said this is a strange name in japan.) He is an interesting and energetic guy. He talked lots of detail of the class...very Japanese style. And the way he spoke English made me almost can imagine how he speak Japanese. It didn't mean that he spoke broken English. Actually, his English is pretty well.  I think he is a good teacher,and hope that he will be... 

What he taught today was the procedure of drawing a head. I thought he taught well. Unfortunately, I didn't do a good job in today's drawing.  The line quality was so bad. I hope that I was just rusted, like Jonathan said. Though drawing head is my weakness of my drawing skills originally, I hope that I can do the better work today. It looks like there are many new challenges and tasks for me in this new semester.

ps. Proportion is the most important thing of a drawing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment